While you've always been able to design both sides of our Mailer boxes by using a dieline file, now you can do it easily using our online box designer!
Double sided Shipping boxes do not yet have the double sided feature on our online design tool (soon!). For now, a dieline file will be required for the inside if you want to add Interior printing to your Shipping box.
Before you start your design, be sure to Log In to your Packlane account at the top right of the screen; that way you can save your design for future reference and editing!
Once logged in, you can access the Inside box panels by clicking or sliding the bar from Closed to Open (Step 1 in screenshot below). Once opened, the panel menu at the top will show you the available Inside panels (Step 2 in the screenshot below).
For a tutorial on the design process step-by-step, we have a helpful 3D Mailer Design screencast here!
Some Handy Tricks of the Trade
Creating custom packaging can be tricky, so we’ve put together a top tip list of things to keep in mind while you embark on your journey to double-sided mailer boxes.
- Log in before you start so you can save your creation!
- Save files in CMYK – If you decide to add your own artwork, make sure you’re adding a design saved in CMYK. This will ensure you get a final product closest to your colorful vision. Files in RGB color mode will be auto-converted into CMYK for printing. Packlane is not responsible for shifts in color appearance if files are provided in RGB color mode.
- Be aware of budget – Double-sided printing is an excellent option to have, but it does require more ink and labor which consequently increases the cost of your project. Keep this in mind while working with a tight budget.
- Take advantage of our ‘Share’ option – It always helps to get a second opinion! Once you’ve created your box, you can download a 3D animation and send it to others or share it via a custom link.
- Color and Kraft – If you decide to go with our Kraft material, keep in mind that colors may be more muted or varied than if you select White or Dreamcoat. We have some more information and examples of this in our FAQ on Kraft here.
- Design every panel – You now have the ability to design every part of your mailer box, including the closure flap. This can be a great opportunity for a little surprise and delight, like a secret message or discount. Take advantage!
- Got a special request? – Just because you don’t see it in our design tool, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Get in touch with our team and we’ll see what we can do to customize your box even further.
Incorporate these tips into your design, and you’re sure to end up with a doubly beautiful custom box.