Does Packlane offer design services?
Yes! Packlane has partnered with 99designs to offer professional services to help turn your packaging dreams into reality. You get to work with award-winning designers and guide the process from start to finish, for results that satisfy your needs and stay aligned with your budget.
This service is intended to help you save time and do what you do best: run your business. You will receive expert advice, an on-brand, beautiful design and print-ready files that are customized to our printing specifications.
Stand out from the pack and get matched with your designer today!
How can I find a designer?
We recommend working with the packaging design professionals at 99designs. We’ve partnered with their team to offer our customers beautiful and reliable design services! This partnership gives you the opportunity to work with award-winning package designers that will walk you through the design process from start to finish.
There are big advantages to working with a designer that specializes in packaging. 99designs professionals are experienced in working with digital prints on corrugated material and understand the importance of an unboxing experience. They offer expert advice and provide you with on-brand and print-ready files that are customized to Packlane’s printing specifications.
Get matched with your designer today with prices starting at $349.
If you are unable to use 99designs, we recommend working with a local designer. If you are a member of a local Chamber of Commerce or business networking group, that can be an excellent place to get recommendations for graphic and packaging designers who have worked with similar businesses. If you're not a member, keep an eye out for attractive packaging in small businesses you patronize and don't be shy about asking them for a recommendation!
Some things to consider when choosing whether to work with 99designs or a freelance designer:
- Can you view a portfolio of their other work and speak with past clients?
- Ask them what their process for proofing the designs will be with you. How will you feel comfortable and know that you're getting what you want?
- Ask them about how they will work with you after you get the product - how easy will it be to restock or make further changes? Ask their past clients what their experience in this area has been, as well.
- Ask them their policies for handling problems with an order - incorrect box size or artwork, for example. Try to get specific examples where they have resolved issues in the past.
- Do they have experience with digital printing onto corrugated materials?
Some possible red flags:
- Designers who only give you one way to contact them - this can be an indicator of a scam.
- Designers who "guarantee" a price before they see your design or know what you want, or offer only a "package deal" that bundles their design work with the price of the resulting boxes.
- Designers who approach you without any outreach on your part.
If you have any questions or concerns when considering a new designer or our 99designs partners, please feel free to contact us for advice!